Merula Cup –
ecological, economical and comfortable
The Merula Cup is made out of 100% medical-grade silicone and produced in Germany. It is round, with a rigid edge and a thin, soft body. The menstrual cup can be worn in a folded up state – only the edge needs to be open.
Merula Cup again awarded top mark “VERY GOOD”
Once again, the trade magazine “ÖKO-TEST” awarded a menstrual cup from Merula the top mark “VERY GOOD”. This time, the Merula Cup galaxy (violet) was awarded this excellent result in the 04/2022 issue. Back in April 2020, the Merula Cup strawberry (pink) also received a “VERY GOOD” from the trade magazine (04/2020 issue).
Advantages of the Merula Cup
- One cup can be used for several years
- Produces far less trash than disposable products
- There is no need to frequently buy expensive supplies
- After a few months, the small investment in a Merula Cup does pay off
- Big capacity
- Does not absorb water during swimming or in the bath tub
- No thread dangling from the body (invisible)
Made in Germany
The Merula Cup is made of certified medical grade silicone without chemical additives like plasticizers and free of animal-based ingredients.
What are the particularities of the Merula Cup?
- From weak to strong pelvic floor muscles: The Merula Cup stays where it belongs. As it can be worn in a folded up state and does not have to open completely, even strong pelvic floor muscles do not make it lose its shape.
Merula Cup „one size“
- It has a very large capacity (up to 38 ml / 1.285 fl oz). With a diameter from 40 mm to 46 mm / 1.575 in. to 1.811 in. Merula adapts perfectly to your body and is an ideal companion for light to heavy bleeding.
- Due to its spherical shape, Merula Cup has a short height of only 39 mm / 1.535 in. and an impressive capacity, which is roughly equal to 2 large tampons. Because of that, Merula Cup can easily be used by women with a low cervix. The cup can also be used without any difficulty if you have a high cervix, as it has a long, ladder-shaped stem.
- Measuring the height of your cervix before using the cup for the first time is not necessary. Simply decide, which length of the stem would be perfect for you. If necessary, you can adapt it by cutting one or two levels from the stem.
Merula Cup XL
- It has a very large capacity (up to 50 ml / 1.691 fl oz) with a diameter of 46 mm / 1.811 in.. Merula adapts perfectly to your body and is an ideal companion for very heavy bleeding.
- The Merula Cup XL offers maximum capacity at a cup height of only 50 mm / 1.969 in., which is roughly equal to 2 average, conventional menstrual cups or 2.5 large tampons. As such, the Merula Cup XL fits women with a medium to high cervix. Thanks to its two rung ladder stem, it can be ideally adapted to your personal needs.
- The Merula Cup XL is suitable for a medium to high cervix. Should your cervix be exceptionally low or if you feel your vagina is exceptionally “tight”, then the Merula Cup XL may be too large for you. In this case, we recommend the Merula Cup “one size” with a capacity of 38 ml / 1.285 fl oz.